So today we are going to move a step ahead and will learn to configure amp pages for your website. It is neceasary to configure amp pages after implementing for best optimization and better results. As I mentioned in the last post, the official plugin only allows you to implement amp for yoir blog, but it doesn’t provide any further option for configuring pages. So we need to install anothe plugin for this. So lets continue the guide further.
Configuring Google AMP Pages
To add the configurations option and allow you to configure, you have to install AMP for WP plugin.
The thing you must remember is this plugin will only work if you have Amp plugin already installed which you installed in last guide. So make sure you have followed all the steps described in last post.
After uploading AMP for Wp plugin and activating it, you will see a new option of AMP in your menu. This is the place where you will have access to advanced features for configuring.
1. For getting started, first of all click on General.
After going to general tab, you will able to set your site logo, add Google Analytics tracking for tracking site progress. You can also change your amp pages colour scheme from here. You will also be able to change footer text of your website for amp pages. These setiing provide a lot of options.
2. The next tab is of Notifications. In the Notifications tab, you can a customizable notice that will be shown to any user who visits Amp version of yoir blog. You can add a notification for cookie consent or terms and conditions content for users. You can customize the notice with the way you want.
3. Next tab is of Advertisements. This tab allows you to show Adsense ads in amp version also. You can add multiple adsense ads from this tab. So you will get yoir site boosted and will also not loose the revenue at same time. But this only allows adsense currently but other ad networks will also be added hopefully in future.
4. In the Single tab, you can configure your posts for amp pages. Here, we can hide/show featured image of posts, comments, social icons and much more. You must configure this option.
5. In the Structured Data tab, you can set width, height for your amp pages. You can also set size of featured image.
6. Final option is Custom CSS Editor. From this you can add your custom css designs and snippets, if you have knowledge about css, then configure this option.
Finally click on save changes and all done, you have configured your amp pages insanely and will look very nice and fast.
Configuring AMP Pages Menu
This plugin also allows to add a different menu location specially for amp pages.
First of all go to Appearance>>Menus for customizing menu. Create a new menu for amp.
On next page, choose AMP Menu location.
Now drag and drop elements in menu and click on save menu.
Done!! This menu will only be shown in amp pages
If you want to further customize amp pages, go to Appearance>>AMP and customize pages in way you want.
So friends this was the part two for adding amp pages to your wordpress blog and configuring it. In the last post we shared how you can implement amp pages for blog. But work doesn’t end there you necessarily need to confugure these setting for better results and great look. These will help a lot and you wil not loose any traffic as users will be sent to amp page when they are on slow data network. This process is easy to follow and its easy to configure it as we shared all things with screenshots.
If you are still getting any problem in the method, feel free to comment below. We will hell as soon as possible. Stay tuned and updated with us