Through this article, you will learn, How to recover deleted files from android without root. You were messing with the file manager, and you accidentally deleted some valuable data. It might be your crush’s picture, class assignment or might be an essential digital document. Whatever it might be, it was important, and now you’re probably wondering – how to recover deleted files from your Android smartphone. There are specific methods by which you can recover deleted files from your device. Some of them require root and other just work without root privileges. So don’t worry, keep reading this article as we will help you to recover your important stuff.
Which Type of Files Can You Recover?
You can recover almost all types of data as long as they are not hidden, which includes pictures, documents, songs, archives, etc. However, data recovery doesn’t guarantee 100% data recovery. It all depended on your hardware and the date when the files got deleted. We highly recommend you to stop using your device when some crucial files get removed, as it won’t be recoverable if you keep putting more data on your device.
Also Read: Best Prank Websites- best edition
How to recover deleted files from android (N0 – root method)
By Using DiskDigger
In this process, we are going to use Disk Digger app which can recover deleted files (images) easily. You can also recover other data types, say documents, movies, videos, etc. but you need to purchase the pro version of the app.
- Download Disk Digger app from below. Download Disk Digger Pro
- Click on start Basic Photo Scan.
- Let the app finish the scanning process. It might take a while so you can drink a cup of water.
- After finishing the scan, it will show you the thumbnails of the recovered files. Choose the ones which you want to recover and press Recover button.
- Select the location where you want to save your recovered files.
- You can also choose full scan method, but it will require root permission. But you will be able to recover more images with root.
If you want to recover files instead of images, then we have another tutorial here. The app is free as well as don’t require root at all. However, if you want to recover files of a specific kind of place in the memory area, then we recommend you to use Disk Digger Pro version of the app.
Also Read: Galaxy Note 4 vs Note 5 Comparison
By Using GT Data recovery
You can still recover your deleted files if you don’t have access to your PC. You have to install an application known as GT Data recovery. Let’s see how:
- Download GT data recovery from here.GT Data Recovery
- Wait for it to install correctly then open it.
- Select the file type which you want to recover.
- Press on Start New Scan.
- Let the app take some time to scan your device. As we said earlier, it can take some time to find the deleted files.
- After finishing the scanning process, it will show you the number of files which can be recovered.
- Just select those files which you want to recover and press recover.
- Select the location where you want to recover. We recommend you to save on the external memory card. If you don’t have that, then you can choose internal storage.
- Press OK.
- Cross check you recovered file where you exported them.
Also Read: When is Google’s Birthday?
Few words from the Author
So, guys, this is the detailed tutorial on how to recover deleted files on your android device without root. There are many methods, but most of them require you to have root privileges. So, if you don’t have root, you still can recover files. These recovery softwares works by scanning your free memory. If you already have used your device too much after accidentally deleting the data, then the chances of recovery are less. We highly recommend you to stop using your device and use appropriate methods to recover them.